Terms & conditions
Card Payment Fees
For credit or other card payments, the following fees apply:
- $2.80 per person per one way journey for domestic New Zealand fares.
- $7.10 per person per one way journey for short-haul Tasman and Pacific Island fares.
- $13.20 per person per one way journey to Bali.
- $22.60 per person per one way journey for long-haul International fares including Honolulu.
There are specific restrictions with the use of Airpoints or frequent flyer programs in conjunction with some Grabaseat deals (including Greenlight flight-only deals and Getaway packages) depending on the booking class booked in. The booking class used should be reviewed during the online booking process for flight-only deals or on your E-Ticket for Getaway package deals:
- Airpoints Dollars™ (or any other frequent flyer program) accrual not permitted in conjunction with any fares or packages booked in F class.
- Airpoints™ Status Points are permitted to be earned with any fares or packages booked in F class.
- Airpoints recognition upgrades are not permitted in conjunction with any fares or packages booked in F class.
- Airpoints Companion tickets are not eligible to be booked in conjunction with any fares or packages booked in F class.
Grabaseat Greenlight Deals
These fares are only available online for one day only or until sold out. Seats are strictly limited - see the online 'counter' for the number of seats left which is correct as at the time you first opened this webpage. Travel periods are strictly limited and fares may not be available on all flights or days during stated travel period. Flight restrictions and routing restrictions apply. Prices are per person, child discounts do not apply. Airpoints upgrades not permitted. Air New Zealand's Conditions of Carriage, Grabaseat fare conditions, Airpoints™ terms and conditions & Airpoints Flexipay terms and conditions apply.
Next Best Price fares and Low Fare Finder fares
These fares are our Air New Zealand low Domestic, Tasman, Pacific Island and long-haul international fares. Seat availability on each travel date is strictly limited and is updated at regular intervals during the day. Seat availability was last updated at the time displayed on the Next Best Price tile or the Low Fare Finder. Seats may be sold at any time and may not be available by the time you search for flights and/or complete a booking. Prices are not confirmed until a booking is confirmed. Prices are per person. Air New Zealand's Conditions of Carriage, Smart Saver and/or Grabaseat fare conditions, Airpoints™ terms and conditions & Airpoints Flexipay terms and conditions apply.
Still Cheap As fares
These fares are our low Air New Zealand domestic fares. Fares sell out quickly so book well in advance to find these low fares. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or days. During special events, public & school holiday periods these fares will sell quickly. Prices are per person. Air New Zealand's Conditions of Carriage, Grabaseat fare conditions, Airpoints™ terms and conditions & Airpoints Flexipay terms and conditions apply.
- If your flight is cancelled due to Covid-19 the flight value is non refundable and will be put into credit.
- When accommodation is included in the package, prices are per person based on twin share or unless otherwise specified. Single traveller prices (when shown) are based on a single room.
- You cannot choose your flights. We select your flights in the given time slot and email the details within 5 business days of your booking being made.
- Use it or lose it. You cannot transfer to another person, or get a refund if you cancel or fail to show up.
- No changes, amendments or upgrades are permitted. For any special requirements, you need to deal directly with the providers.
- You do get to have a great time and more to talk about than mowing the lawns when you return.
International Charter Flights:
All bookings are subject to Air New Zealand obtaining relevant government and regulatory approvals as well as having enough people booked on your holiday as specified under the 'Group Size' section to operate the charter flights included in the Tour Package. Should the tour be cancelled due to not reaching minimum numbers you will be entitled to a full refund of any monies paid to us.
Group Size - Prices and arrangements have been made on the basis of a minimum number of persons travelling. If there are fewer than the minimum number the tour may have to be re costed or cancelled.
Deals are available online for stated sale period or until sold out. Availability of deals is strictly limited - see the online 'counter' for the number of seats left which is correct as at the time you first opened this webpage. Deals (including without limitation flights) must be taken on the dates and at the times specified by Air New Zealand. Flight restrictions and routing restrictions apply. All prices are per person based on return economy airfares. Charges or taxes imposed directly by third parties are not included in the price. Child discounts do not apply. Changes and upgrades are not permitted. Deals do not accrue Airpoints Dollars and are not eligible for companion redemption travel or credit towards tier status. Air New Zealand's conditions of carriage apply.